DIA DE LOS MUERTOS
YOUTH ART EXHIBITION
We invite area students in grades 6-12 to participate in the Dia de Los Muertos Youth Art Exhibition. The exhibition will be held at K Space Contemporary from October 17 to November 13, 2020.
Teachers: We accept class projects!
SCHEDULE FOR YOUTH ART EXHIBITION
Oct. 10: Artwork Due at K Space Contemporary (Hours: Wed.–Sat., 11 am – 5 pm)
Oct. 17 – Nov. 13: Exhibition Dates
Oct. 26: Exhibition Slideshow goes online
Nov. 14: Pick up artwork at K Space Contemporary, Hours: Wed. – Sat., 11 am-5 pm.
THEME – “DIA DE LOS MUERTOS EN CORPUS CHRISTI”
Create a work of art based on what Day of the Dead in Corpus Christi means to you. Does it mean surfing skeletons, the Harbor Bridge decorated in marigolds, or is it dancing at the festival or getting your face painted like a beautiful sugar skull? Get creative and have fun!
GUIDELINES FOR ARTWORK
- All entries must be student’s original artwork created within the past year and not exhibited in a previous DDLM Youth Art Exhibition.
- One entry allowed per student. No fee to enter.
- Accepting all 2D and 3D media.
- Entries must be no larger than 20” in either direction.
- Complete REGISTRATION FORM below and Submit
- Download LABEL FOR ARTWORK, Fill out, print and attach Label Form to the back of the work of art. (download)
- K Space reserves the right to reject any work of art for any reason such as work that does not follow the theme, arrives damaged, or is otherwise inappropriate.
1st and 2nd Place Awards will be given in 3 categories: Grades 6-8, Grades 9-10, and Grades 11-12.
Ribbons will be placed next to the winning works.
Works of art can be for sale. K Space will retain 10% commission to help offset processing costs. Students receive 90% of the sales price. If you do not want to sell your piece, enter “NFS“ (Not For Sale).