Milagros is the Spanish word for “Miracles”. Traditionally Milagros are represented by charms that are made out of pewter and silver to decorate altars, shrines, or sacred objects to be used for protection, healing, or blessing. Milagros used as a name also refers to “Our Lady of Miracles” which is another title given to the Virgin Mother. What kinds of Milagros do you experience in your life? Do you use Milagros charms of your own? Use your creative license and design your own milagros, include them in your own composition or consider what one or even one thousand miracles looks like to you!
Mil Milagros will be displayed at K Space Contemporary October 1st through November 12, 2021.
IMPORTANT DATES – Mil Milagros
Sept. 17 – 24: Works Due at K Space Contemporary
Oct. 1 – Nov. 12: Exhibition Dates
Nov. 12, 11am to 5 pm : Pick Up Unsold Works
- Open to Artists age 18+. Must be (or become) a member of K Space Contemporary. Artist memberships $35, Students & Seniors $20. Join Online Here.
- Number of works: Each artist may submit 1 – 2 works of art.
- Theme: Mil Milagros (A Thousand Miracles) – we are seeking works of art inspired by or depicting your version of miracles.
- Works Due at K Space Contemporary on September 24th, 5 pm: Works must be delivered to K Space Contemporary, 623 N. Chaparral St. in downtown Corpus Christi. We are accepting works September 17th – September 24th, 2021 during regular Gallery Hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 11am to 5 pm, and Sunday 12 pm – 4 pm. (Closed Monday– Tuesday)
- Register your piece(s) BEFORE you drop off your work at K Space Contemporary: Submit an online entry form here ENTRY FORM
- Size: 2D Works must be no larger than 48” in either direction. Sculpture must be manageable by 2 people.
- Media: All visual art media accepted.
- Presentation: 2D works must be wired and ready to install when they are delivered to K Space Contemporary. Attach wire to D-rings or screw eyes. Paper works must be framed under plexiglass/acrylic. Unframed Canvas – edges must be “gallery wrapped” = painted black/grey or with the image continued around the edge.
- Label your work: Each work must arrive labeled with: Artist’s name, email address/phone, title, media, and retail price.
- Price: K Space retains 40% commission on works sold. Include commission when pricing your work.
- Delivery/Shipping: Artists are responsible for delivery of their artwork to and from the gallery, including any shipping costs incurred. Pick up works Nov. 13, 11 am to 5 pm. Deliver to K Space Contemporary, 623 N. Chaparral St., Corpus Christi, TX 78401
- Curating: K Space Contemporary’s Exhibition Committee will review all works of art for artistic quality and relevance to the exhibition theme. K Space Contemporary reserves the right to eliminate any work of art for any reason.