Application Deadline: September 10, 2018
DIA DE LOS MUERTOS FESTIVAL: November 2, 2019, 3pm to midnight
Food Trucks/Booths (for food cooked on-site): Do Not Apply Here: this application does not apply to you. Instead, please contact Belinda Edwards at (361)947-6895.
2019 KEY APPLICATION DATES
- September 10: Vendor Application Deadline. Fee $20.
- September 20: Notices of Acceptance/Denial Emailed to Applicants
- October 1: Deadline to pay Booth Fee (See booth fees below.)
- October 19: Set-Up Information emailed to accepted vendors and posted on website.
- October 19, 10 am: Vendor Meeting at K Space Contemporary
- Application Fee $20 – must be submitted when you apply
- Booth Fees:
- $ 100 Single Booth 10’x10’/8’x12’ (K Space Members $90)
- $ 200 Double Booth 10’x20’/8’x24’ (K Space Members $190)
- LATE FEES ARE DOUBLE – Booth fees paid after the deadline
- $200 Single Booth 10’x10’/8’x12’
- $400 Double Booth 10’x20’/8’x24’
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 1 photo of your booth set-up
- 2 photos must be of products in progress. Show steps or yourself working on them.
- 3-22 Photos of your Arts & Crafts. (for a total of 25 photos) All products must conform to Hecho-A-Mano Guidelines
- Submit photos of EACH type of item that you intend to sell. Items not included in your application are not approved. You will be asked to remove them from your booth on festival day.
- If you make multiples, include 1 or 2 of your best examples.
- If you print your original artwork on novelty items like ornaments, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc., submit photos of those items. Items with reproductions of your artwork must be limited to no more than 30% of your booth products.
- State of Texas Sales Tax & Use Permit. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax (8.25 percent) to Texas State Comptroller. Your permit number is requested in the application and must be displayed in your booth. Services (i.e. hair styling, face painting) do not require a Sales Tax permit. Fill in blank with “NONE”. If unsure, contact Texas State Comptroller.
- Description of Work (260 characters): Brief description of your work. Explain mixed categories here by listing products.
- Statement Specific to Entry (480 characters): Describe how you create your arts & crafts from initial design process to completion.
Helpful Info: VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
1. ARTS & CRAFTS
FINE ART: sculpture, ceramics, paintings, drawing, mixed media, collage, printmaking (limited editions), photography, etc.
CRAFTS: jewelry, sewing, knitting, hand-embellished items (like re-decorated bottles, glasses, boxes, hats, canvas totes, shoes, ornaments, etc.), masks, hair bows/barretts/headbands, floral halos, tutu’s, tile/mosaics, woodworking, candles, skin-care products, etc.
2. FACE PAINTING – If you are face painting AND selling crafts, select “Face Painting” as your category.
3. EDIBLES & ACTIVITIES
EDIBLES: pre-packaged candies, cake-pops, caramel apples, popcorn balls, canned items, etc. All food items must meet Health Department regulations and pass Health Department check on-site. (Nueces Co. Health Department (361) 826-7200.) Food Trucks – Do not apply here.
ACTIVITY: games and other types of activities for which you charge a fee.
4. DIA FEST PARTNER
Partners are Sponsors, School or College-affiliated group/clubs, unpaid festival performers, or organizations/non-profits that provide a free Kids Corner Activity. We exchange a booth space for your service at the event. Partners are not required to pay application or booth fees, because they provide a service for the event. Partners must be invited to participate. Select this category only if you are invited/pre-approved by DDLM Fest Organizers.
HECHO-A-MANO / MADE-BY-HAND GUIDELINES:
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Original ArtWork and Crafts conceived, designed and made by the artist: paintings, drawings, sculpture, hand-built or thrown ceramics, hand-pulled limited edition prints (woodcut, intaglio, silkscreen, linocut, etching, engraving, monotype, etc.), photography, Fiber / sewing, collages, mixed media works.
- Reproductions and reproductions on novelty Items: Reproductions are inkjet or laser prints, offset lithographs/posters, high quality copies. Artists may sell two-dimensional reproductions of their own original works clearly marked with the word “reproduction.” We also accept novelty items that include reproductions of your original artwork, such as coffee cups, ornaments, mouse-pads printed through Zazzle, CafePress or similar printers. Reproductions/Novelty Items can constitute no more than 30% of your booth products. Photos of reproductions and novelty items must be included in your application.
- Hand-Embellished Items: recycled or purchased items that have been hand-embellished. Hand-Embellished is defined as painted, decorated, collaged, beaded, carved, or otherwise re-designed on the surface. Items must differ significantly from the original and show marked evidence of the artist’s hand. Examples include, but are not limited to: decorated wine bottles, decorated boxes, re-decorated ceramic figurines, hand-painted glasses & dishes, mosaics, appliqued/beaded/embroidered/painted fabric items like canvas totes, aprons, pillows, shoes, etc.
- Jewelry: Handmade beads, pendants and original designs in metal, ceramic, resin, polymer clays, etc. qualify as hand-made. The number of spots available for jewelry makers who string manufactured, mass-produced beads & findings is limited. Unique designs are more likely to be accepted to the festival.
- T-Shirts: T-Shirt vendors are by invitation only and have already been chosen for this year. Designs must be originally conceived and designed by the exhibiting artist. Only limited editions of 50 or fewer are allowed. All t-shirt designs must be included in application.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Items that are purchased for resale, imported, mass produced
- Mass-produced buy-and-sell T-Shirts
- Knock-Off designs very similar to famous logos or artwork
- Works produced with commercial kits, plans
- Items with the following text: “Dia de los Muertos Festival,” “Dia de los Muertos Street Fest/Festival,” or “Dia de los Muertos Corpus Christi” or any other combination of these words. This text is only used only by the Dia de los Muertos Festival organization.
ARTS EXPO COMMITTEE: the committee will visit booths multiple times to review art pieces, crafts and set-up during festival hours. Representatives will require vendors to remove any articles that are not in compliance with the criteria set forth in these guidelines and items that were not included in your original application. Vendors discovered selling buy-sell items or putting things back out after they have been asked to remove them will not be allowed to return as a vendor in future years.
TIPS for entering your online application:
Previous Applicants: Log into the entry form with your Email address and Password. Reset your password if you’ve forgotten it. If you applied anytime in 2014-2018, your profile/images are saved in the system and may be re-used.
New Applicants: Create a FREE account with your email address and password
- Click “Add File” to upload each photo. Allow a couple of minutes for each photo to upload.
- Make sure you can see ALL of your uploaded images on your screen before clicking the PayPal button or “Complete Entry”.
- Show only 1-2 best examples of items that you make multiples of
- Use plain, one-color backgrounds free of clutter
- Use good lighting – point a lamp at your items
- Submit clear, sharp images
- Include no more than 6 different items in one photo. Photos of piles of prints or lots of jewelry on stands do not show items clearly.
- Do not submit photo collages.
- Photo Size: For best results, submit photos no smaller than 1800 pixels on the longest side with file resolution at 72 dpi. Maximum file size is 5 MB. Resize in Preview or for help, click How to resize photos